The purpose is to verify the behaviour of the cable installed individually in the most unfavourable position, namely in the vertical position, to prevent the propagation of flames that may be transmitted from an external source.
The insulation burns, but the flame must not propagate for more than a specified distance from the point in which the individual cable is applied.
SIF, through its collaboration with the most important testing and research institutes, the interaction with customers and scrupulous analysis of normative requirements, has been able to develop a complete range of equipment for fire testing, with particular attention focused on:
1. Cabinet with instruments for the adjustment and measurement of Gas/Air intake values for the burner
Digital Mass Flow meter for propane and air
Pressure regulators, complete with pressure gauges and taps for Gas/Air intake
Internal aluminium panelling
Realised in painted sheet metal
2. Burner Group
Pre-mixed burner model provided as required by the standard
Flexible connection tubes
3. Device to check the flame
4. Metallic screen complete with sliding support for the burner
5. Temperature reading instrument (thermometer)
6. Burner for test with luminous flame according to IEC 60332-2